Favipiravir 200mg Tablet
1) Favipiravir is the first FDA approved oral treatment of COVID-19.
2) It has shown faster viral clearance and rapid clinical improvement.
3) Several clinical trials have further substantiated Favipiravir’s role.
4) Many COVID-19 treatment recommendations include Favipiravir.
Favipiravir was initially used to treat the influenza virus in japan in 2014. FDA also approves it for the treatment of COVID-19 mild to moderate symptoms. Favipiravir is a pyrazinecarboxamide derivative used to treat RNA viruses.
It acts by selective inhibition of viral RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerase.
Adults: 1800mg (9 Tablets) orally twice daily for one day followed by 800mg (4 Tablets) orally twice daily up-to the maximum of 14 days.
The bioavailability of Favipiravir is almost 97.6%.
Favipiravir is metabolized with metabolites excreted mainly in the urine.
1) Not recommended for pregnant women & lactating mothers.
2) Patients having liver or kidney diseases.
3) Allergic to Favipiravir or any other ingredient of the medicine.
Favipiravir should be administered carefully in the elderly by monitoring their general condition.
Favipiravir cannot be administered to children.
Store at room temperature (30°C)